Saturday, July 03, 2004

Fringe Lifer's Word for This Week

zombie - n.

1. A dead body that has been brought back to life by a supernatural force
2. (in voodooism) a spirit or supernatural force that reanimates a dead body
3. A god of voodoo cults of African origin worshipped especially in West Indies
4. Someone who acts or responds in a mechanical or apathetic way
5. Several kinds of rum with fruit juice and usually apricot liqueur

After more than 18 hours in front of a PC giving my old comic book sample pages Photoshop-assisted plastic surgery, zombie is exactly how I feel. I'm still in Los Banos, at a friend's. I'm frying his PC's RAM chips trying to make six-year-old artwork look less dated. I'm here because my Trusty(TM) laptop's graphics have decided to conk out on me at the last minute.

Progress? I've already emailed two finished pages (old artwork, made like new), but I've yet to finish current comic book artwork and a couple of sample layout pages. I want the job that the approval of these things reprersents. But mind and body rebel.

Here's to finishing by tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's to you, Dex. Go for it!

--Sammy--