Thursday, June 24, 2010

One Step Short

The position won't be here forever. It could be gone now, for all I know. God knows I need the money, but do I seriously want to go back to the wonderful world of local foreign-run ESL with all its craziness? This is no longer what I want. I would have gladly stayed in this industry to be with Tin, or later on with Gwen, but beside me is not where either woman wants to be.

Add to my headaches this little problem: I may be dealing with something right now that puts me in no position to share myself or a future with anyone. I don't mean that metaphorically. There's a condition that some people have that is cause for annulment of marriage (as per Canon Law): what I may have is about one step short of that.

I'm always seemingly one step short: of greatness, of infamy (though some may argue with that), or getting rich, or what have you. That one time I wasn't one step short of something, I wake up to ...this. 

C'est la vie.

Check back with me in a few and maybe I will have become a step short of, thankfully, something else.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

"but beside me is not where either woman wants to be"

but your friends would want to. they do. we do.

you might have no idea how your friends would love to be near you in your time of need. will you deprive them of that? i hope you won't.

you will be well real soon.

Unknown said...

here, for the shivers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD8X4-DrNU8

my friends will probably hang me if they chance upon this

c'est la vie

Unknown said...

comment two should read:

"...will you deprive us of that?..."

we're watching Karate Kid tonight! me, Karl, Olib, Claire, Honey, the kids here.

adto ta!